One-Day Workshop: Sunday, July 16, 2017 (10:00am - 4:00pm)
**Please note that workshops are non-refundable and non-transferable and must be paid in full prior to the workshop.
Paul Weber, one of Hollywood’s most respected casting directors has developed a dynamic, practical and highly effective intensive program that demystifies the audition process and gives the actor the skill and confidence needed to create a memorable audition experience. THE ART OF THE AUDITION, THE BUSINESS OF THE ART offers actors of every level the winning tools that will help you achieve success in the audition room.
The first half of the workshop, Mr. Weber reveals:
• The Casting Perspective – What Casting professionals expect from Actors. What key elements are they looking for?
• Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked with and what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, and Reese Witherspoon.
• What You MUST Do Right Now – Jumpstart your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
• Don’t psych yourself out before you even get in the room! Essential techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the Audition Room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
• Indispensable advise on how to handle Rejection, and how to turn Anxiety and Nervousness into Excitement motivated by the joy of doing what you love to do!
• The Laws of Attraction: What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
• The Headshots & Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools – and how the digital revolution is transforming the Audition process.
The second half of the workshop focuses on the actual Audition and involves actors in the process using scene work to experience and illustrate new techniques. Mr.Weber covers:
• The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
• How to make the Boldest, most Effective Choices in The Room.
• The Importance of Listening, Cold Reading Technique, and Script Analysis.
• How to Deliver Your Best Read The First Time.
• Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take Actors out of the picture immediately.
ABOUT PAUL WEBER (CSA) – Casting Director/Producer
As Former Executive Head of Television Casting and Feature Film Consultant for MGM Studios, Paul Weber notably cast the wildly popular STARGATE franchise. Other TV credits include SPARTACUS:GODS OF THE ARENA, DEAD LIKE ME, SHE SPIES, POLTERGEIST, and THE OUTER LIMITS. These series and others have garnered numerous honors including 21 Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
For the big screen, Weber has advised on numerous MGM features including the blockbuster JAMES BOND franchise, FAME, ZOOKEEPER with Kevin James, HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, RED DAWN with Chris Hemsworth, Joss Whedon’s CABIN IN THE WOODS, and ROBOCOP.
Weber is now a fully independent casting director and producer. In addition to a number of independent features, recent and on going credits include projects for STARZ, NETFLIX, LIFETIME and the CW. He is currently working on series and pilots for NETFLIX, STARZ and THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL. As well as casting several Independent Features, (ANTHEM, THE ROAD LESS TAKEN and THE ENEMY) and a series of movies for LIFETIME/A&E, he is a casting consultant for several Canadian and American production companies, studios and networks. Under his production banner, “One on the Way Prod”, Paul and his producing partners are engaged in developing and producing new media and independent feature projects, including the upcoming feature ROAD LESS TAKEN, which he is casting and co-producing.
Weber is a member of the Casting Society of America, the Writers Guild of America, and has served on the Host Committee for the Annual Academy Awards. He is also a respected audition coach and teaches his Art of the Audition, Business of the Art Audition technique class worldwide, including a number of Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities. He was the first American Casting director ever to be invited to teach his program in South Africa and Cyprus. He also teaches and lectures extensively throughout Canada and England and Australia, recently returning from Sydney where he taught at the renowned Australian Institute of Performing Arts. His American University visits include the University of Texas, Austin, The University of Conn., University of Arizona, the University of Virginia and Sante Fe College, Florida. He is a regular teaching guest at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation and an instructor in the Theatre/Film Dept. at UCLA. He recently appeared on the prestigious SXSW Film Festival panel representing Film Casting Directors and is on the Advisory Board of the Santa Fe Film festival. He is presently working on a book about Auditioning entitled “The Art of the Audition, the Business of the Art.”
Per Casting Society of America (CSA) regulations:
Workshops with Casting Directors are a learning experience. They are not an audition or employment opportunity. When a workshop is over, the casting director teaching the workshop will not take home nor be given access to your headshot, resume, or any other promotional materials.