Cannot access this performance because it occurred in the past: 7/23/19, 7:30 PM.
The selected performance is NOT available for sale.
|Please Select Tickets
|You have selected:
Lead Sponsor: Roz & Bud Siegel
2019 Our Native Daughters
Producing Circle: Ann Sheffer & Bill Scheffler
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 7:30PM
Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts
40 Jesup Road
The Levitt Pavilion presents:
Our Native Daughters
LAWN (General Admission - BYO-Lawn Chair) $25 / $20 Members
PATRON (Chair Provided) $75 / $65 Members
RAIN OR SHINE * YOU MUST HAVE A TICKET TO ATTEND THIS EVENT
This concert is made possible by the generous support of Roz & Bud Siegel; Ann Sheffer & Bill Scheffler.
Community Partner: TEAM Westport
Our Native Daughters is: Rhiannon Giddens - renown as the lead singer, violinist, banjo player and a founding member of the Grammy-winning country, blues and old-time music band Carolina Chocolate Drops; Amythyst Kiah - Southern Gothic, alt-country blues singer/songwriter; Leyla McCalla - American classical and folk musician and former cellist with the Carolina Chocolate Drops; and Allison Russell, Singer-songwriter-musician-producer at Birds of Chicago
'Songs Of Our Native Daughters' Lays Out A Crucial, Updated Framework for Americana - NPR | As featured on First Listen: https://www.npr.org/2019/02/14/693624881/first-listen-our-native-daughters-songs-of-our-native-daughters
Rolling Stone: “A crucial pronouncement in folk music”
“The record is... littered with enduring, accessible tunes that merge its conceptual underpinnings with compelling pop songcraft. These are songs you’ll catch yourself humming weeks after first hearing them [from] I Knew I Could Fly, a finger-picked blues lullaby [to] Black Myself, a storming rock & roll anthem.” Collaborative project featuring Rhiannon Giddens, Allison Russell, Leyla McCalla and Amythyst Kiah unearths forgotten stories
GUARDIAN 5 star review!
TIME: Rhiannon Giddens Is Reclaiming the Black Heritage of American Folk Music
NOW IS THE TIME TO BECOME A MEMBER! Enjoy special member tickets and discounts to Our Native Daughters and upcoming benefit concert events! Members help support the upcoming Summer Season ft. 50 Free Nights of Music and Arts under the Stars... more announcements coming soon! Click Here to Join TODAY!
* PLEASE NOTE - for this special ticketed event, we are not able to accommodate large coolers or tables of ANY size. Please pack light - and for picnics, think small or not at all!
#SUMMERLIVESHERE :: #MEMBERSLOVEHERE
* Be advised that all picnics will be instructed to consolidate their footprint by 7pm to ensure that all ticket-holders can comfortably enter and find space on the lawn.
* Our on-site concession will be open; you must be 21+ with photo ID to purchase wine/beer.
* The Levitt Pavilion and its perimeter are non-smoking areas.
* Pets are not allowed.
* Concert will take place rain or shine!
* Rules will be enforced for the comfort and safety of our audience. Thank you for your cooperation!