The selected performance is NOT available for sale.
|Please Select Tickets
|You have selected:
2019 Bloomington Boogies
5th Annual Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival
Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 2:00PM
Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center Auditorium
122 S. Walnut St
CLICK HERE to buy an all-day pass & get admission to both shows at a discount. All Day-Passes are ONLY available in advance.
Are you ready for the 5th annual Bloomington Boogies Festival? On August 11, 2019, enjoy acclaimed musicians, dancers, food, and beverages at the Bloomington Blues & Boogie Woogie Piano Festival! With ticketed and free performances and free educational components, be prepared to be moved by the artistry of the musicians, and get ready to shake your booty! Purchase tickets early – prices increase at the door, and they usually sell out in advance!
There are two ticketed performances, at 2pm and 5:30pm. Want to see both? Click HERE to purchase an All-Day Pass (available in advance only). Doors will open 30 minutes before each performance, and each lasts about 2 hours 15 min.
All tickets that have not been picked up in advance at the BCT Box Office will be available for pickup at the John Waldron Arts Center on August 11th.
Photography is allowed. Please ask a staff member before taking video, as some performers may not allow it.
Artists to perform in the Ivy Tech Waldron Auditorium include:
In addition to the ticketed concerts, free festival activities include many free events.
For more information, visit the festival website - https://bloomingtonboogies.com/ - or contact Craig Brenner, Tel. 812-334-0415, email email@example.com.
- Bob Seeley - “best boogie woogie player on the planet," according to Dick Hyman
- Judy Carmichael – Grammy-nominated leading interpreter of stride piano and swing
- Jean-Pierre Bertrand - outstanding French boogie woogie and blues pianist
- Bruce “Sunpie” Barnes - New Orleans multi-instrumentalist playing Zydeco accordion
- Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi – stride and jazz piano duo
- Scott Patterson – pianist/composer and Artistic Director of Baltimore-based Afro House
- Henri Herbert – U.K. piano-playing phenomenon
- Keith McCutchen – Pianist and composer with roots in Gospel and the blues
- Ben Toury – French pianist known for energetic showmanship, strength, and speed
- Alfred "Uganda" Roberts – Professor Longhair’s percussionist from New Orleans
- Craig Brenner – festival organizer and leader of Craig & The Crawdads
- Rhythm Section: Gordon Bonham/guitar, Joe Donnelly/sax, Ron Kadish/bass, Dan Hostetler/drums, and Lori Brenner/rubboard and additional percussion
- Professional swing dancers
- “Finale” with all performers.
- Note: performers subject to change.