2018 General Fund
Since 1911, the Athenaeum Theatre has been home to some of the most diverse theatre, dance, and music performances in all of Chicago. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit art organization, we keep our rental prices low and our service level high.
In 2017 the Athenaeum spent $70,000 in capital improvements and major repairs to projects such as:
• New box office computers
• Completed installation of new safety handrails in the balcony
• Construction of a Main Stage orchestra pit cover
• Elevator repairs
• New lighting consoles
• Installation of security cameras
• Electrical and plumbing projects
Funding for improvements to the building come entirely from our modest $2.00 restoration fee on each ticket sold, grants and donations from our patrons. However, only 10% of these funds come from donors like you.
Your tax-deductible gift will help us achieve our ambitious goal of raising $200,000 in projects we need to complete in 2018:
• $90,000 for tuck-pointing and exterior repairs to brick and limestone
• $75,000 for upgrading woefully outdated and undersized bathrooms
• $23,000 in upgrades to sound and lighting systems in our three studio theaters
• $10,000 for a professional grade projection screen for the Main Stage
• $2,600 for a center-fill speaker upgrade for the Main Stage
Your contribution supports the ongoing restoration, maintenance, and improvement of this century-old arts complex. Please help us continue our mission to provide an affordable, safe and comfortable home for music, theatre, and dance companies by investing in our work today.
Thank you for your support.
Name(s) to be listed for recognition
I would like to remain anonymous
My Company will match my donation
City & State
If you have any additional comments or instructions regarding your donation, please feel free to write them here.
If you need assistance placing your order, call the Athenaeum Theatre Box Office at 773-935-6875. Do not exit your Web browser.
Monday-Wednesday noon till 6pm, Thursday-Sunday noon till final showtime.
Server Executed in 27ms