NewFest began in 1988 as a response to the AIDS crisis, when images of the gay community were hard to find and often imbued with shame. Thanks to the generosity of supporters like you over nearly three decades, NewFest has evolved to become the largest convener of LGBTQ audiences in New York, bringing films and stories of our community to diverse audiences across the city.
In addition to New York’s LGBT Film Festival, our non-profit produces monthly screenings at The LGBT Community Center, youth filmmaking and empowerment programs, a multi-borough outdoor screening series planned for this summer, and more.
While membership dollars go to operating costs, donations are critical for NewFest’s sustainability and growth
, including the creation and support of year-round programs like the ones listed below. We thank you for your kind and generous donation.
Checks may be mailed to: NewFest, 601 West 26th Street, Suite 325-95, NY, NY 10001
You may donate to any of the great programs listed below. Click on the links for more information:
• 29th Annual New York LGBT Film Festival (Oct. 19-24)
• NewFest at the Center Presents (Monthly series)
• OutCinema (Pride Week event)
• Coming Out Again (Retrospective film series)
• Out in the Park (In development for Summer 2017)
• Education and Empowerment Programs
• 30th Anniversary Celebration Fund