An Excessive Heat Warning is currently in effect for the West Texas area. High temperatures can be expected throughout the day and we ask visitors to plan accordingly.
Guided visits of La Mansana de Chinati/The Block offer visitors direct engagement with Donald Judd’s art and vision. Judd’s private living and working spaces provide firsthand experience of his concept of permanent installation in Marfa, Texas. The visit provides access to three of Judd's studios, each permanently installed with his early works and his personal library, which houses over 13,000 books, periodicals, and exhibition catalogues.
Visits are approximately 90 minute to 1 hour 45 minutes. Marfa will welcome a maximum of 8 visitors on each public guided visit of the Block.
Planning your visit
Guided Visits begin promptly as scheduled. Doors open 10 minutes prior to scheduled visit times. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated once the visit commences.
Admission is non-refundable and may be exchanged based on availability.
Those reserving at the Student and Senior prices will be asked to present valid ID.
Guided visits require visitors to walk in and out of a number of buildings. The spaces are not wheelchair-accessible. When booking a guided visit, please consult a Judd Foundation staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can best accommodate you.
By entering La Mansana de Chinati/The Block, visitors agree to abide by these guidelines to protect the collection:
· Visitors must be accompanied by a guide at all times. Please help us preserve Judd's spaces and collection by not touching the works or objects.
· Visitors must be at least 12 years of age.
· Photography and digital recording are not permitted.
· Bags pose hazards to the collection; visitors are required to check all backpacks, purses, totes, packages, laptops and umbrellas at a secure location at The Block. Luggage and strollers are not permitted.
· Guided visits include walking on coarse gravel. Sensible footwear is recommended.
· Food and beverages are not permitted.
· Cellular phones and other electronic devices must be turned to silent.
· Pets and support animals are not permitted. ADA recognized service animals required because of a disability are welcome.
Visits to La Mansana de Chinati/The Block begin promptly at their scheduled time at the unmarked, gated entrance to the Block located at 400 West El Paso Street, across from the Godbold feedmill. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated. The entrance is a large wooden gate located on the El Paso Street side of the adobe-walled complex. The cross street is Kelly Street. Parking on the feed mill side of the street is prohibited.