Starlight Square Social Contract
We can’t wait to see you at Starlight Square! We recognize that until there is a treatment or vaccine for COVID, we all must take care of each other. So it is with a deep sense of community and caring, we are implementing the Massachusetts’ Safety Standards for Theaters and Performance Venues to ensure the safety and health of all who will join us.
By reserving a ticket to a performance at Starlight Square, you are agreeing to the Starlight Social Contract.
Everyone who participates in Starlight Square (general public, artists, partners, and staff) hold the health of each other in their hands. Everyone who participates will contribute to keeping us all safe by adhering to the following guidelines in our collective social contract:
1. If you have received a positive test, are feeling sick, or are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home.
2. Everyone must wear masks covering their nose and mouth. Specific exceptions include when someone is eating, drinking, or performing.
3. Patrons must be in line, adhering to our visible social distancing demarcations, for their timed entry period. If you are unable to arrive on time, you will be accommodated when there is an available time slot.
4. All patrons in attendance must give contact information for contact tracing purposes.
This will be asked of you when you reserve a ticket. This information is only used if we receive notification of a positive test from someone in attendance. Contact tracing is handled by the Massachusetts’ Contract Tracing Collaborative and information is not shared among agencies including immigration officials. In the case of a positive test, that individual’s name is not released publicly.
5. Please remember, if you need a staff member to help you or answer a question, keep to a 6 foot distance.
If you are asked by a staff member to adhere to a public health guideline (as specified above), please comply or understand that you will be asked to leave.
Central Square Theater’s Front of House Staff will be working to ensure your safety, and we need you to ensure theirs. We are an inclusive team, actively trying to disband white supremacist culture, and cultivate anti-racist practices through respectful, cultural engagement and understanding. We call for our audiences to help foster these virtues when engaging with our BIPOC members. We are here to create safe, open, and meaningful interactions between our patrons and on-site staff. Our staff is putting themselves at greater risk to provide shared community experiences, we ask that you keep this in mind while enjoying your time at Starlight Square’s amphitheater. Please read the Center for Disease Control’s Health Equity Considerations and Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups.
Please help keep all of us safe. Our friends and neighbors are watching, and we want them to feel confident everyone is gathering within the guidelines. Together, let us lead by example to ensure the comfort and safety of Starlight Square and beyond!